Welcomee

Hey! It's Taylor Benassi's blog. Glad you visited :)



Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Demonstrative Speech

For my demonstrative speech, I attempted to teach the class how to make "jacob's ladder" using only a piece of string and their hands.

One thing I thought I did well was I had good eye contact with most of the class throughout the entire speech. I spoke clearly and understandably, no one had to guess at what I was saying. A third thing I did well was I got the class involved, it appeared that everyone was listening or at least pretending to listen to what I had to say.

On the other hand, I also did some things wrong. For one, the class wasn't exactly understanding the instructions I was giving to make Jacob's Ladder. I think I could work on my explanation skills so people can follow along with me easier. I always find myself saying words such as"like" and "um" and phrases like "I guess", which is something I need to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment